The UEA's policy on overseas travel and risk assessment can be found here: UEA Employee Policy - Travel
- The manager of the school/budget holder should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a travel risk assessment for a member of staff (preferably 8 weeks before date of travel)
- The email must include;
- Name of the person needing the assessment
- Email address of the person needing the assessment
- Expected travel date
- Travel destination(s)
- Authorising managers name
- Budget/charge code
- Order number (if applicable)
- We will reply to the school and the individual concerned inviting them to make an appointment downstairs within the medical centre at a travel clinic, at a convenient date and time
- The member of staff travelling must make it clear to the receptionist upon booking, that they are a member of UEA staff travelling on UEA business (this is to ensure that they are not charged for the assessment or vaccinations for this episode of travel)
- Employee attends the travel clinic for both the risk assessment and subsequent appointments for vaccines
- On completion of all vaccines and advice a 'Certificate of Fitness to Travel' and invoice for the service will be sent to the manager
This service will include a full personal travel health risk assessment followed by advice, immunisation(s) and the issuing of prescriptions for malaria prevention medications where appropriate. Requests should be made as soon as travel is anticipated.
The employee does not need to be a patient of the UEA Medical Centre to obtain this service. If the employee is not registered, they should bring with them a copy of their immunisation history which they should be able to obtain from their GP surgery free of charge.
Where possible the NHS will cover the cost of vaccines but current regulations exclude many vaccines and all anti-malarial drugs. Prices will be reviewed annually (except for vaccines which may need to be increased in line with any changes by the vaccine manufacturers) and any price changes put into effect on 1st July each year.
Vaccines not covered by the NHS will be charged at our currently published prices with a 10% discount.
To view current prices, visit UMS UEA Travel Health Centre and click on 'Travel Vaccinations' tab.