Compliments and Complaints
We are always looking for ways to improve the services we offer. To do this effectively, we need to know what you think about the services you receive. Tell us what we do best, where we do not meet your expectations and any ideas or suggestions you may have. Only by listening to you can we continue to build and improve upon the services we offer.
Compliments and Comments
You can submit a compliment or comment via our online feedback form
If you have a complaint about the service you have received from any member of staff working in the Occupational Health department, please let us know.
If you make a complaint it is policy to ensure you are not discriminated against or subject to any negative effect on the service you receive from us. If it is not possible to raise your complaint immediately, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months.
In the first instance please discuss your complaint with the staff member concerned or contact Christina Fielding (Business Manager) or Mary Mooney (OH Administrator) who will try and resolve the issue and offer you further advice on the complaints procedure.
If your problem still has not been resolved and you wish to make a formal complaint, please send us a written (typed or handwritten and emailed or posted) complaint as soon as possible. All complaints will be investigated thoroughly. If necessary please send in additional sheets.
- We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 workings days
- We will investigate and response to your complaint within 28 days of the date you raised it
- You will be offered an explanation or a meeting with the person(s) involved
We will look into your complaint and aim to;
- Ascertain the full circumstances of the complaint
- Make arrangements for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
- Make sure you receive an apology where this is appropriate
- Identify what UMS Occupational Health can do to make sure the problem does not happen again if appropriate
Complaining on behalf of someone else
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we need to know that you have their permission to do so. A consent signed by the person concerned will be required, unless they are incapable of providing this due to illness or disability.